Saturday, March 30, 2013


LolitaLolita by Vladimir Nabokov
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Review of Lolita from a Cellphone

Though it's true that Nabokov
Has gone and killed her off,
She still lives in my mind and
I'd really like to meet her.

She features in my ev'ry dream
And so, in all humility,
I'm sure I'd be better for her
Than Humbert, who was too haughty.

She'd be a few years older
And I a little bolder.
Especially now that we are grown,
It wouldn't be that naughty.

In my long and loving arms
It would be so much sweeter,
Though there's no telling in a book
How it is that I would treat her...

I'd have to keep it secret, coz
I'm respectable and married,
Though I'm sure that I would tweet her
"My heart, my soul, Lolita."


Don't Look There, Look Here, Below

My more scholarly review is here:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...


View all my reviews

No comments: